This is a win win recipe everytime!
- small container of vanilla ice cream
- small container of cool whip (whipped topping frozen)
- 1 large family bag of Oreos
- take a ziploc bag and put 1 sleeve of oreos in the bag and crush them. I usually do this with a heavy duty laddle or wooden roller pin:)
- put in mixing bowl
- put thawed cool whip in mixing bowl and mix for about 1 minute
- then add the vanilla ice cream by scoops
- after each scoop of ice cream mix
- after all ingredients are mixed then spread in a 13 x 9 pan or a cookie sheet
- put into the freezer until the event (needs to be in freezer for at least 1 hour before serving.)
"Sometimes a little comfort food can go a long way." Unknown
Butter Cream Icing
- 8 oz. cream cheese softened
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1/2 C. butter softened
- 1 lb. powdered sugar
- 1 C. chopped nuts (optional)
- cream butter and cream cheese
- add the rest of the ingredients and beat until creamy and smooth.
- add nuts and spread on cake (optional).
Choclate Sheet Cake
- 2 sticks or 1 C. butter
- 1 C. water
- 4 T. cocoa
- 2 C. sugar or a substitute, I use organic sucanat.
- 2 C. flour
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. soda
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1/2 C sour cream
I bake on a cookie sheet. I also have used fresh ground soft white and soft red flour.
- Melt 2 sticks or 1 cup butter add 4 tablespoons cocoal and 1 cup of water.
- bring to a boil
- add 2 cups of sugar, 2 cups of flour, 1/2 teaspoon baking soda, 2 eggs, 1 teaspoon vanilla, and 1/2 cup sour cream.
- beat together and bake in 350 degree oven.
1 stick of butter
3 T. cocoa
1/3 C. milk
1 C. pecans (optional)
1 tsp. vanilla
2-3 C. confectioners' sugar
Melt 1 stick of butter, 3 tablespoons cocoa, and 1/3 cup milk; bring to a boil and add nuts and vanilla. Add confectioners' sugar to spreading consistency. Makes 11 x 16 '' sheet cake.
Blueberry Delight No Bake
This recipe was given to me by my dear friend Debby Smith
This is a 4 layer dessert
1 1/2 Graham Cracker crumble
1/3 cup butter
1/2 cup of confection sugar
8 oz. cream cheese
1 large Cool Whip
2 tbsp. milk
1-2 fresh blueberries or strawberries
2 French vanilla instant puddings
1 tsp. of vanilla
1 1/2 cups Graham Cracker crumble mixed with 1/3 butter (soft) and 1/4 confection sugar- layer on bottm of 9 x 13 pan
Mix-8 oz. soft cream cheese, large Cool Whip, 2 tbsp. of milk, and 1/4 confection sugar
1-2 pints of fresh berries your choice
Mix 2 French vanilla instant puddings with 3 1/2 cups of milk spread some blueberries on top
Let set in fridge 1 hour before serving